Congratulations! You just got a sync. Now what? How do you make the most of this exposure? Someone asked this question on Facebook and sparked my ideas for this post. Here they are:
- Release the song on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. Make sure it distributes to Shazam.
- Post the song and lyrics to your website so that fans searching for it will find you.
- Tag the show/movie/brand/network in your social posts .
- Make a lyric video and upload to your YouTube and website.
- Find blogs and podcasts that are all about that show/movie and reach out to them. Maybe they can feature your song at the end of the episode and/or link to your Spotify/YouTube.
- Add it on Tunefind.com if it’s a TV show/movie.
- Run a campaign promoting your mailing list: get the song free if they sign up.
- Run a facebook campaign targeting fans of the show/movie.
- Create a Google alert for the show/movie/brand + your song title or most memorable/featured lyrics.
- From the Google alerts, find any content on YouTube or other places mentioning the episode/movie/ad and comment with a link back to your music.
If you found this helpful, share it with a friend! That’s what friends are for!
Also, it would be really awesome if you’d follow my blog by subscribing below. I write about sync licensing, songwriting, production and the business of music.
Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below. You can also find me on these other platforms: